2. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
3. Never miss the opportunity to compliment or say something encouraging to someone.
4. Refuse to talk negatively about others; Don't gossip and don't listen to gossip.
5. Have a forgiving view of people. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.
6. Keep an open mind; Discuss, but don't argue. (It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.)
7. Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing or saying anything that could make matters worse.
8. Let your virtues speak for themselves.
9. If someone criticizes you, see if there is any TRUTH to what is being said; If so, make changes; If there is no truth to the criticism, ignore it and live so that no one will believe the negative remark.
10. Cultivate your sense of humor; Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
11. Do not seek so much to be consoled, as to console; Do not seek so much to be understood, as to understand; Do not seek so much to be loved as to love.
A brief checklist of suggestions to emulate unconditional love:
- Are we kind and respectful towards others regardless of how they look, dress, speak, behave or present themselves?
- Do we require others to believe what we believe or are we willing to let them live out their own truth?
- Do we encourage others to find their truth, in their own hearts, without telling them what to believe or how they should live?
- Do we acknowledge and respect the spark of Divinity within others no matter how unloving their actions may be?
- Can we rise above what is commonly thought to be good and bad?